Quote of the Day

"Fiction is the truth inside the lie." Stephen King



Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Nanowrimo! Start a journey with me?

It's November, which for writers, means one thing: Nanowrimo! It's when we start the first day of the month and go non-stop until the 30th day, writing like crazy a new story that may have been in our mind for a long time. Now, we give ourselves permission to write it without worry of editing (that comes in December).

 The ONLY way to write 50,000 words in one month (if you disect this by a daily word count, that's over 1,000 words a day, not counting the days you get behind and have to play catch-up). Lots of great novels have come out of this month. But one thing agents don't like to see - a FLOOD of submissions in December.

So if you're taking part in Nanowrimo, do yourself a favor? Hold on to it, edit in December, and think about sending it out next year. You may have better success with an interested agent. I will post snippets of the new book throughout the month, maybe you can give me some feedback? It's a love story. (Is there any other kind, really? ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hello!

    I'm from the ABNA boards. Good luck with the contest.

    I haven't done Nano before, but will do it this year. I want to train myself, most of all, to write on schedule!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete