Quote of the Day

"Fiction is the truth inside the lie." Stephen King



Tuesday, January 25, 2011

ABNA time again!

I should be editing my entry today! The Amazon Breakthrough Novel Contest that Amazon.com puts on every year is BACK on! We have until February 6 to get our stuff in (which includes an up-to-300 words pitch of the novel, a bio (mine is...well, a three-year-old could do better) and a picture, as well as our 50,000 - 150,000 word novel. General Literature and Young Adult are the categories. Mine is going in YA.

I'm not going to give much away about the book yet. Call me superstitious, but I think keeping quiet about it will drum up more interest later, if (WHEN, I meant WHEN) it moves up and makes it into the top ten, or top five, or whatever.

I'm making myself talk positive, but there is a lot of competition. Some GREAT authors are out there, and their books ROX as much as I hope mine does. I really do wish each and every single one of us good luck in this. The best thing about ABNA is the wonderful people you meet along the way and the friendships you can forge that last hopefully a lifetime. You learn SO much about everything (life, the stories behind the novels, what makes us as authors stick together and become true friends) and that alone has proved the biggest prize of all to me. If anyone I know and have grown to love through ABNA wins it? It's truly like I'VE won it.

Okay, but that said? I hope I at LEAST get a good publishers weekly review. I'd appreciate that. A BAD one? Er, not so much.

Good luck everybody who is entering!! Break a leg. I mean, a pen! :D

3 comments:

  1. Hey. Good luck to you as well. I hope we're both fighting out tooth and nail in the end!

    ~Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy-you're too cute. I'm not sure why i'm not more superstitious... maybe I just can't keep my mouth shut--yeah.... that's it.

    You'll get it all polished and it will be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck to you, too! (oh, and if you pop over to my blog, we're giving books away, all you have to do is comment if you're interested!).
    erica

    ReplyDelete