Quote of the Day

"Fiction is the truth inside the lie." Stephen King



Tuesday, February 2, 2010

So, I'm already having trouble with the stukid blog.

Er...how frustrating.

I'm trying to get the hang of blogging. It seems easy enough to create the thing. Even figured out how to add pictures, how to add things I really don't need but like (youtube videos at bottom, slideshows of not MY pics but random others, New York, Beaches...I love those two things) but I cannot figure out how to close the HUUUUGGE gap between my americanbella header and where the blog starts. Anyone?

Maybe I just need to blog lots and this gap will close on it's own? Maybe. I'll try that before I destroy the blog and start fresh. I think the blog will be good for me. Not that I don't take the time to email with my buddies and facebook enough to get my thoughts out. But this is different. I've already been asked to put my thoughts in as a guest blogger for a new author friend. Being as I'm not published yet? This is daunting to say the least. I will simply tell what I know and what I'm learning (not much on the know, of course). But I'm feeling the excitement of writing all over again lately. This is a very good thing.

Maybe it's because I entered a novel into ABNA. That's the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Contest. 5,000 of us hopeful young adult and general fiction writers compete to get our novel chosen over all the others and land a publishing contract. Sweet. I think I have as good a shot as anyone this year. That beats out last year, when my uber-paged romance went against sharp-as-a-knife thrillers and mysteries and chick lit. Penguin isn't too big on uber-romance novels, really. Needless to say, I didn't make it.

Maybe this year will be different? It is the year of the tiger. That is very significant to me. I'll tell you why later. Maybe I will. I don't want to jinx myself. Maybe by the end of the contest, I'll have figured out how to do my blog well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment